Wednesday, January 6, 2010

~random~

Posted by ~CaLLy~ at 4:37 AM
heye!

short update.

I have start my work after having such a long break...
Apparently, I am now much more confident in talking with the ppl in BASF. I am more brave to greet people with a great smile and I wont feel so awkward greeting them in German. only greeting. I can't converse in German yet..T.T
I am also no longer afraid to ask questions...LOTSA questions to my lab technician, able to understand a lil more on what is he doing...
and most importantly, I learn to love my work. =)

To those who doesn't know, basically my work is more to research-based. I focused more on chemistry instead of chemical engineering stuff. I do hands on experiment, mixing all the chemicals . Just like what we do during my secondary time but of couse, more detailed and systematic. Like duh~

Before this, I used to regret that I am not able to learn more about Process Control and Process Plant Design work. I was hoping to have the chance to learn something which can be applicable for my Final Year Project and Final Year Design Project. So, I won't be so so blur during my final year

However, after i chat with my house mate who is currently a Master Thesis student in BASF, I feel that it is good after-all to actually learn new stuff or stuff that is not really related to my course! By doing so, I can see things in the broader view. I will be able to have a better analytical thinking. I am keeping my finger cross that I will be able to do it!

I remember the sentences my house mate said to me,
" No results doesn't mean that you did not get any results. In fact, the truth is, you already gain a result. You know why you did not managed to get the results that you wanted. "
'One must be willing to learn heartily and no matter what knowledge it is, the knowledge that one gain is definately useful '
What she said actually make me realised a lot of things!
I am glad to meet her.

And most shocking and delightful thing is that, today, my supervisor told me that he want me to learn from the technician who is currently doing a small project regarding on process control. It involved a small reactor. The different is that, I am definitely not in plant but I am doing the work of experimenting the process to make sure that it is able to scale up for industrial purposes! Its so so like process control but in the research way. So, learning about this is not bad after all! hehe and I will be doing my own project soon...SOON..

Working life makes me more disciplined.
Now, in my new house, I wake up at 5.50 am and make breakfast with my housemate then head of to work at 6.45 am. I start working at 7.30 am and usually I will go back either at 4.30pm or 5 pm or sometimes later, depending on my lab technician.
I do not have a fixed time, as long as I work 7.5 hours perday, or 37.5 hours perweek.

What we usually have for breakfast is toast, sausages and cornflakes.
I never eat so much for breakfast but now...so you guys can imagine how much weight have I put on. huhu~
and for lunch and dinner, I cooked too!

How I cook for lunch?
hehe...me and my housemate cook double portion for dinner and we just tapao some of it for our next day lunch...clever right? and the food is so healthy. I definitely have a vege, meat, rice and another dish (either soup or egg or etc) But, this will last till the end of January since my housemate and her fiancee will be leaving in the month of Feb.
hahaha...I wonder if I can do this all by myself!
I cant give up! yeay! i kinda kinda enjoy cooking..

tats all for my rumbling..but i feel like saying this loudly:

I am loving my job now!

p/s : My supervisor talk to me more often already =) eventho its all work related....hahahhaa but better than no talk at all~ this is a good start!

tata~





2 comments on "~random~"

Chemhoster on January 6, 2010 at 11:32 PM said...

Sure U'll learn a lot with that kind of passion. All da best.

icy weather ler...eat more and more and keep eating...hahaha...

~CaLLy~ on January 7, 2010 at 1:57 AM said...

chemhoster : >.< pray hard that i have that passion till the end! hehehe..thanks thanks...yup..the weather very cold..and i eat a lot d T.T later u see me fat fat!

 

~MaDa MaDa dAnE~ Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Blogger Styles Image by Tadpole's Notez